In this Guide:
- What is Ashwagandha?
- What Other Names in Ashwagandha Known By?
- Where is Ashwagandha Sourced From?
- What is Ashwagandha Used For?
- Ashwagandha Dosage
- Common Ashwagandha Supplements
- Possible Side Effects of Ashwagandha
- Will My Current Medications Interact with Ashwagandha?
- Is Ashwagandha Safe?
- Possible Health Care Warnings
- How Do I Know if Ashwagandha Is Right For Me?
The Best Nutrition Information Straight to Your Inbox!
What is Ashwagandha?
What Other Names in Ashwagandha Known By?
Where is Ashwagandha Sourced From?
What is Ashwagandha Used For?
Ashwagandha for Anxiety and Stress
Ashwagandha for Weight Loss
Ashwagandha for Sleep and Insomnia Trouble
According to the NCBI, the active ingredient in ashwagandha is triethylene glycol – a component known to induce sleep. If you are suffering from chronic insomnia and are not willing to take on the risk of prescription drugs, you may want to consider the all-natural medicinal herb that generations of Indian and African people have turned to for the last 3,000 years.